Water Ambulance service in Kerala
As the first of its kind services, the CM Mr. Pinarayi Vijayan, has announced the launch of the water Ambulance service. Under the initiative the CM announced that the services have been introduced with an aim to offer with assistance at the time of medical emergency or mishap. Apart from this, people living in nearby small islands around Kochi and Panavally – Aroor will also be able to take benefit of the water ambulance service.
As a Pilot project, the CM had announced to launch the first water Ambulance service for people living in small islands at Aroor – Panavally. In the near time it is expected that more such services will also be implemented by the CM for covering an overall area of 20 Kms radius near Ernakulam.
- As most parts of Kochi and Ernakulam are surrounded by water bodies so it is obvious that water ambulance services will prove helpful to the people staying in these areas at the time of medical emergency.
- The people who dwell in small islands will also be offered with the services as required. After the successful implementation of the Pilot project the state government aims at started with four more ambulance services within Ernakulam, Kollam, Muhamma and Alappuzha.
- The CM also announced that the boats will be well equipped with all types of emergency medical equipments that are present in any modern time ambulance.
- The government will also ensure that trained medical professionals are hired as a team to offer assistance at the water ambulances. The trained professionals will be able to provide with all life supporting care to the needy.
- For effective managed of the water ambulance services the CM had also inaugurated the Boat terminal with modern amenities in Panavally at the time of launch. The boat terminal was constructed by the state government by investing Rs 1.5 crore.
- The CM mentioned that each of the water ambulance boats will be able to accommodate over 16 passengers. The government has announced to launch 40 such boat facilities.
With the introduction of the water ambulance services the state government has ensured that at the time of emergency medical assistance can be provided to people easily who are connected to the water bodies.