Vyaktigat Durghatana Bima Yojana in Rajasthan
Raj Sahakar Vyaktigat Durghatana Bima Yojana is an insurance scheme which is being provided to the residents of Rajasthan. Under this insurance scheme the farmers are going to get the insurance claim amount. Almost 18 lakh farmers have already joined with this scheme to get its benefits. The idea of this scheme is that if the head of the family of a farmer’s family accidentally dies, then the insurance scheme will be levied.
This scheme was launched in June 2016 to provide the farmers with security and financial assistance. The insurance scheme has been laid forward because the farmers have one earning member in the family in an average. This is why when that earning member dies, the family loses its means of earning. With the help of this scheme, the family can have some sort of financial security in its time of need.
Till now within a matter of 6 months more than 18 lakh farmers have joined this scheme in Rajasthan. In fact, Rajasthan is the only state that is providing this assistance at this large scale to the farmers right now.
What are the benefits of this scheme?
- You have to pay a premium of Rs. 27 a year to avail this insurance scheme. This negligible premium will fetch you an insurance of a high amount in the event of death of the earning member.
- Under this scheme, the family will get Rs. 5 lakh in case the earning member of the family dies accidentally and in case the person was between 18 to 60 years of age.
- Both murder and suicide are included as “accidents” under this scheme. Even if a farmer commits suicide, the family will get the amount as an emergency return.
How to claim this benefit?
Just follow these steps to claim these benefits –
- First of all make an FIR at the time of the accident and keep a copy of that FIR with you. You can also log on online to avail a copy of the FIR.
- Take the affected person to the doctor and get a certificate from the doctor confirming the injury and the cause of death. This will be important to have.
- In case of death, a post mortem report will be made. You need to have a copy of this post mortem report to get the amount as insurance avail.
Some points to note
Until last year, the amount that was being provided under this scheme was only Rs. 3 lakh. But now it has been increased to Rs. 5 lakh.
Also, the premium rate in other states is Rs. 54. Rajasthan is providing it at a highly subsidized rate.