Rishabh Pant Bio Age, Height, Weight, Girlfriend, Centuries
Rishabh Pant is the latest sensation in the world of Cricket. Ever since he showed his skills in the under 19 Ranji Trophy against Bangladesh, he has been spotted by the who’s who of the cricket world and he has also won the hearts of millions of cricket fans around the world. Rishabh Pant has been slowly raising the ladder of success in his career.
Career wise his first claim to fame was when he scored 50 runs in only 18 balls. His debut Ranji Trophy in the year 2015-16 was what made him rise to fame. He was also named India’s squad for the under 19 cricket World Cup. However, he was soon sucked into the world of IPL where he performed outstandingly in 2016.
He faced only 21 balls in the first two matches in his IPL journey but he stunned the world with his game. He made 69 runs against 40 balls against Gujarat Lions and made history. He is known as the boy who made the fastest 50 in the history of the ICCU-19 World Cup Tournament. The match was against Bangladesh and he sure rose to heights.
In February 2016, Delhi Daredevils signed him up for IPL by paying a whopping 1.9 crore rupees which increased the player’s net worth by several crores.
Rishabh Pant comes from Haridwar, Uttarakhand. He is the son of Rajendra Pant who used to work in Haridwar but later shifted to Delhi in the year 2005. Rishabh also shifted to Delhi and completed his education in this state. It was Rishabh who convinced his family to move to Delhi because the resources were more widely available in Delhi to get proper coaching. Hence it was because of his talent in cricket that his family had to shift to this state. His father was very much aware of his talent in cricket and he complied.
Rishabh’s main aim to move to Delhi was to receive coaching from one of the best coaches of India – Mr. Tarak Sinha. He used to coach in Delhi and that is why he shifted to Delhi. Once in the state, Rishabh managed to coax Mr. Sinha to coach him. He recognized his abilities and wanted him to become one of the most ferocious batsmen of all times.
During his initial years, Rishabh would see several videos of Adam Gilchrist which Sinha had asked him to do. He wanted to make Rishabh into a skilled wicket keeper batsman and he trained him meticulously to be so.
It was when he played for the clubs that he raised to fame – he managed to grab enough eyeballs. Even Rahul Dravid could not ignore the talent this man possessed and he was the one who recommended him for the Under 19 World Cup Tournament.
Lesser known points
- Rishabh Pant does not smoke or drink. He has been trained strictly from childhood from abstain from such things and he maintains that.
- In 2015 he debuted for his first class cricket in Delhi. In 2016 he was bought off by Delhi Daredevils from a base price of Rs. 10 lakh which went on to become Rs. 1.9 crore.
- Rishabh traveled the entire North India to find a suitable coach for himself and on his journey he was once thrown out of an academy.
- Rishabh’s favourite batsman is Suresh Raina, Yuvraj Singh, Virat Kohli and Rohit Sharma and his favorite bowler is Harbhajan Singh. Although these are his favorite cricketers as he claims, but he is fascinated by Adam Gilchrist who is his inspiration too. Hence it came as no surprise when he went on to become a left handed batsman and wicket keeper like him.
- His hobbies apart from cricket include listening to music. Also it is a lesser known fact about him that although he has born in his paternal home in Haridwar, his hometown is Roorkee, Uttarakhand.
- Pant trained under Sinha who is known to have trained Shikhar Dhawan. As per Sinha’s advice he went on to win the Under 14s and the Under 16s and from there he paved his journey towards Under 19 cricket.
- In Ranji Trophy he has smashed 44 sixes in 5 matches alone. In the match where he scored the fastest first class century he was able to score 21 sixes straight. It is the second number of sixes in the match.
Rishabh Pant does not have a girlfriend and he has said that he wishes not to have a girlfriend right now as he thinks he is too young for it and he wants to solely focus on his game right now. His next focus will be on IPL 2017 and he is fully immersed in the cause. Hence, Rishabh is currently single but is not looking to mingle.
A tabular overview
|1||Full name||Rishabh Rajendra Pant|
|2||Born on||October 4, 1997|
|3||From||Haridwar, Uttarakhand, India|
|5||Batting style||Left handed|
|6||Fielding position||Wicket Keeper|
|7||Net worth||Rs. 5 crore|
- Google Is Penalizing Mobile Interstitials Ads
- Pay Less Bill if you consume more Electricity
- Delhi LG Anil Baijal Biography
- Free Health Checkup Scheme in Punjab