Pradhan Mantri Yuva Yojana (PMYY)
After the Modi government has come to power they have been launching a lot of scheme for the development and the progress of the people of the country. One such recently launched scheme is the Pradhan Mantri Yuva Yojana that again is a progressive scheme catering to the youth of the country.
Objective of the scheme
For any country the youth is the future and it is important that they are trained well for their and the country’s future. So as a part of this scheme the Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship will tie up with school, and institutes and developments centers of the country to train the young students on becoming entrepreneurs. This will not just make them suitable for self-employment but also help in making them the people who create more job opportunities in the country.
Features of the scheme
- Under this scheme the Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship will provide entrepreneurship education to the interested students of the country through the online mode in the coming five years.
- The target of the scheme is to train more than 7 lakh students in the country in the coming five years for which a cost of Rs.499.94 crore has been estimated.
- The responsible ministry will tie up with around 3050 education and youth development institutes that would include schools, ITIs, development centers, colleges, etc.
- Under this scheme an online portal will be created that will conduct open online entrepreneurship courses for the interested students across the country.
- The state government has to work together with the central government in order to implement the scheme and to identify the potential institutes that can be approached for this scheme. It has also been announced that the selecting and tying up with the institution will take place after gaining complete knowledge and information about it and its potential.
- All the institutes that become a part of this scheme have to follow the guidelines that have been set up by the Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship.
- This scheme will be implemented throughout the country and all the interested candidates can apply for it. The Ministry has mentioned that the students will be taught by combining international and national standards of teaching so that they can grow up to be better and successful entrepreneurs.
This scheme from the Modi government is surely a progressive one and would help a lot of students who are interested in becoming entrepreneurs. But then the implementation of this scheme might come as a problem. The motive of the Modi government is to boost the start-up industry in the country and to support that idea this initiative has been introduced. Further details about the scheme are yet to be announced.
What this PMYY can do?
In case the scheme is implemented well then this can become one of the most effective scheme for bringing about a boost in the economy and doing away with the problem of unemployment in the country. It is being expected that many of the reputed institutions of the country would be interested in joining this scheme and imparting entrepreneurship training to the youth of the country.
A boost in the start-up industry would not just mean betterment in the economic condition of the people but also in the social condition of the people of the country. This clearly leads to the nation’s growth and reduce the rate of unemployment problem. Also it will boost confidence among the talented Indian Youths who are in need to support in get shine in the society.