How to get Pensioner’s Life Certificate and Jeevan Pramaan Certificate Online
In India there are more than one crore families that are pensioners’ families and live and run their household with the pension amount that the different bodies of the government give it to them. Pensions comes are there are many families whose main source of income is the pension amount that they receive.
The Pensioners of Central Government or the State Government or any other government organization have can enjoy the benefits of the pension scheme. But then they have provided a life certificate after they have retired from their service to the agency that disperses the pension.
Pensioner’s Life Certificate
The pensioner of the State, Central or any other government body has to provide a Life Certificate/ Non-Employment Certificate or Employment Certificate to the bank that is responsible for dispersing of the pension amounts.
The Life Certificate has to be summit in a particular format in the November month of each year. This is to ensure that you are alive and are receiving the pension amount. The same can also be done by visiting the bank that pays the pension so that they can identify you and can issue the life certificate.
|S.No||Things Need to know about Digital Life Certificate||Details|
|1||Life Certificate to be submitted to bank during||November of every year|
|2||Who Needs to produce Life Certificate?||Retired People who getting pensions from government|
|3||Digital form of Life Certificate Collected under||Jeevan Pramaan Scheme|
|4||Jeevan Pramaan Scheme works based on||Aadhaar authentication|
|5||Approximate Number of Pensioners registered with Jeevan Pramaan||Around 25.34 Lakh Pensioners all over the nation|
|6||Last date for submitting Life Certificate for 2016 has been extended to||15 January of 2017|
This is an identification process of the PDA which has to done every year by the pensioner. In a case where the pensioner is ill and cannot visit the bank to get his or her Life Certificate, then a bank official will be sent to the residence of the pensioner or hospital for the completion of the process.
Who is eligible for getting pension?
The people who have been recruited after January 2004 in government jobs have to contribute a fixed amount to the pension account till the time of their retirement.
But for the government employees, who were recruited before this date and have retired from their service of 10 years or more, are eligible to get pension. The pension calculated is that 50% of the last pay that an employee drawn from the company or of the average salaries of the last 10 months. There is a long process for getting the pension and the process starts 6 months before the date of retirement.
The process involves the following steps
- The employee is going to be retired has to open an account in any of the branch of the bank that provides pension. One can also open a joint pension account with their spouse’s name. While opening the account one has to provide his or her mobile number, email id and PAN number. Account number of the account has to be given to the Department of your company or organization which takes care of providing pension.
- Once this is done the employee has to fill in a form that is called a pension papers. Then the employee will receive the PPO or the Pension Payment order. Once you have received this, you have to visit the branch where you have opened the account.
- Then the person has to submit the Life Certificate. Then the documents will be sent to the CPPC and the processing will be done. After all verification and data entry process is completed, the pension amount will be credited to the retired employee’s account.
The alternate to the Life Certificate is the Jeevan Pramaan which can be submitted if the person has an Aadhaar card. Jeevan Pramaan is nothing but a digital version of the Life Certificate.
On 10th November 2014, Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched Jeevan Pramaan which refers to Aadhaar based Digital Life Certificate for Pensioners.
The requirement of providing a Life Certificate every year, by being present in the bank, is not very easy and becomes a problem for many, especially the aged pensioners. So to get rid of this problem the Jeevan Pramaan service has been introduced for the pensioners. By opting for a Jeevan Pramaan one need not visit the bank to submit the Life Certificate.
The Jeevan Pramaan is a biometric enabled digital service for the pensioners which has been developed by the Department of Electronics and IT of the Government of India.
In order to avail this option the pensioner has to enroll for the service by visiting the banks or by downloading the application from the jeevanpramaan.gov.in website. The banks and branches which are responsible for distributing pension will be able to get all the information about the Jeevan Pramaan of a pensioner by visiting the website.
Answers to all queries relating to Jeevan Pramaan
- Aadhaar card is the most important and mandatory document for opting for the Jeevan Pramaan option. Jeevan Pramaan is a digital Life Certificate which is produced online by providing biometric credential using Aadhaar number.
- The main difference between the Life Certificate and Jeevan Pramaan is that, you need to be present in front of the bank officials to prove that you are alive and are receiving the pension, if you opt for Jeevan Pramaan. You can generate the Jeevan Pramaan from your home or from any location. You just need to scan your finger print and iris to generate a Jeevan Pramaan. But in case of Life Certificate you have to go to the bank branch to issue it.
- The facility of Jeevan Pramaan is not compulsory, it is optional. You can choose the option that is convenient for you, Life Certificate or Jeevan Pramaan.
- You just need to register for this service once after which you can generate your Jeevan Pramaan online every year. You need not register again for it.
- The Jeevan Pramaan facility makes the process of continuing pension much easier for the pensioners. To get a digital life certificate the pensioner has to visit one of many Jeevan Pramaan Centers that are being run by banks and Citizen Service Centers (CSC). The procedure can also be done through the mobile and tablet application that is available for download.
- In case a pensioner does not have an internet connection the pensioner may just visit the bank branches or CSC for generating the certificate. The list of bank branches and CSCs that prove these services are available in the Jeevan Pramaan website.
- For availing Jeevan Pramaan the pensioner has to own an Aadhaar number. Apart from this the pensioners needs to provide his or her name, address, bank account number and Pension Payment Order number to register for Jeevan Pramaan.
- For locating a service center you can just use the ‘Locate A center’ option the official website of Jeevan Pramaan. Apart from this you may also send an SMS to 7738299899 by typing JPL and your pin code. Once you do so you will receive a replay from this number with a list of centers that is closest to your location.
One you have successfully registered to Jeevan Pramaan, you need to inform your respective bank about your online registration. They will then validate your details and update their records and then your pension will be provided to you as usual. The difference will be that you need not visit the bank for generating your Life Certificate once you have registered to Jeevan Pramaan. It is a very convenient option for aged and people who do not live in this country.