How to order Gangajal online?
As you might have already heard – now you can place the order of Gangajal online. Yes, it’s true. Now the Indians can salvage their sins pretty easily – no need to go to the Ganges, just pay a visit to the local post office to get this done. This is because the local post offices will now be selling Gangajal in a bottle. But that’s not all. Apparently you can even get it delivered at your home when the supply and demand ratio stabilizes a little bit.
The Central government has now enabled this programme that will help you to get a sip of the holy water right from Gangotri and Rishikesh. The same will be available at all post offices.
Buying the Gangajal
Since this scheme has been made available, you can actually buy Gangajal at very cheap prices. Earlier also you could buy Gangajal but those were through websites that were mainly catering to the overseas buyers. Now Indians will be able to buy Gangajal by following these steps –
- First go to this page – https://www.epostoffice.gov.in/ and then click on the teal colored box where “ePRODUCT (Gangajal)” is written. Beside that there’s a place that says “Click here”. Just click there once.
- Now a page will open that will ask you to sign up. If you already have an online account, just insert your username and password. If not, you can create one, by clicking on “SIGN UP” at the top of the page. To make things easier for you, we recommend you to click “Login as a Guest User” (in case you do not already have an account).
- Now another page will open that will give you the option to choose the file size. There will be four options (two red bottles and two blue bottles) of 500ml Gangotri, 500ml Rishikesh, 200ml Gangotri and 200ml Rishikesh, respectively.
- The red bottles can be booked only one per unit while the blue bottles can be booked two per unit. This means that you can purchase only two of the 200ml units and one of the 500ml unit.
- Whichever you want to buy select that one and enter the number in the small square box you see. You can add “1” or “2” in the boxes and click “Add to Order”. Make sure that you have entered the right units for each bottle otherwise there will be an error message popping up,
- After entering the amount, scroll down to the bottom of the page, there you will see “Confirm” button. Click on it to confirm your purchase.
- Now you have to enter your email address in a new page. If you already have an account, you have to log in. if you don’t you will be asked to register and add your details.
Once you have entered all the details, your order will be confirmed and you will be sent an email confirming the same.
|1||Gangajal available from||Rishikesh and Gangotri|
|2||E-commerce linked with India post||940|
|3||Gangajal will only be available in||Madhya Pradesh|