Ladli Lakshmi Yojana in MP
The government of Madhya Pradesh introduced the Ladli Lakshmi scheme as a means of helping girls become more prominent in the state. Much of the scheme is designed with a series of goals in mind:
- The scheme helps to improve upon how well girls can receive education. This includes helping girls to receive literacy support.
- It is also to help girls be encouraged to work harder towards a variety of appealing lines of work. This is to make it easier for girls to earn more money.
- There is also a desire to create a more positive attitude in society with regards to the births of girls in the state. This is to help make it so girls can be respected as well as boys.
- It is also designed to prevent feticide, a process where the fetus is killed, in cases where it is known that a girl is to be born. This problem has resulted in many women being harmed.
- Child marriages are also expected to be prevented thanks to the scheme. Child marriages have been forced in the past due to many people feeling that girls are intended to be productive only for child-rearing purposes or for home-making purposes.
The scheme is a popular one that has been used in many other states around the country. It has become a very important scheme in terms of improving upon how well girls can be respected.
It has especially supported a large number of girls over the years. It is supported about 23 lakh girls since it was first formed. It has helped them to get into schools and to work hard to achieve their dreams through proper support.
How Does the Scheme Work?
The Ladli Lakshmi scheme in Madhya Pradesh works with a key series of rules. There are many requirements to watch for in terms of who can qualify to get into the scheme:
- Girls whose parents live in Madhya Pradesh are eligible. The girl must not be the taxpayer in the home although the parents should be paying taxes.
- A second girl in the family can take advantage of the scheme depending on the rule. The family planning should be prepared before an application for the scheme is taken. Also, each girl in the family is to be taken differently.
- If the girl’s parents have died, an application may be filed up to five years after the last death. This is to ensure that there is still some support for the child at this point in life.
- The scheme is also available for girls who are born within a certain time period. Girls who were born after 1st January 2006 will be eligible to get into the scheme.
To apply for the scheme, the parents of the child must apply at the Anganwadi Center in one’s local area. All proper documents for applying for the scheme should be available at the center. The rules for doing so will vary based on what may work.
The registration will help with providing the child with help for getting an improved potential for making it easier for her to become successful. There are many things that will be provided to each girl that is eligible for the scheme and applies for it:
- A National Saving Certificate of Rs. 6,000 will be provided consistently up to five years in the name of the beneficiary. This will work well at the start of the program.
- After being admitted into the scheme, the person will get Rs. 2,000 after entering the 6th class. This will go up to Rs. 4,000 after admission into the 9th class and then to Rs. 7,500 later in the scheme.
- The totals in the certificates will be given to the child upon graduation from school. This will be provided through a single lump sum payment. The money may be used to fund many endeavors and other practices that the girl might potentially enter into.
- The lump sum may be provided when the girl has completed the 12th class but it may be delayed until the girl reaches 21 years of age. That person may still get a payment through this if that person has married after reaching 18 years of age.
These terms are designed to ensure that a girl will continue to attain her education. This is especially important for girls today as they are encouraged to do more to be proficient in their studies. This is also to prevent child marriages and other issues that might come about as a result of the child not getting a proper education or being ignored for this intention.
The Ladli Lakshmi scheme will help girls with attaining better futures. This is to help girls with following through on their education plans. By doing this, it will be easier for girls to receive the general support that they require in order to be better and more productive members of society in general. All parents of girls are encouraged to take a look at what this scheme has to offer and how their daughters may benefit from it.