IPL 10 Mumbai Indians (MI) 2017 Team, Squad, Players, Captain, History, Owners, Facts, Records,Jersey, Logo and Team Identity
Mumbai Indians in Indian Premier League is one of the most popular teams. Representing the state Maharashtra, Mumbai Indians was started performing in IPL under captaincy of Master Blaster, the legend Mr. Sachin Tendulkar. The team won IPL trophy 2 times by defeating two major teams. Started with struggle, this is the only team that made an amazing comeback after couple of seasons.
Team Owner – MI
The Mumbai team is owned by one of the top businessmen in the world, Reliance Industrial Ltd. – The Ambanis. Mrs. Nita Ambani, wife of Mr. Mukesh Ambani is the co-owner of the team. Mumbai Indian team is the most expensive team among all the teams in IPL.
In the year 2007 when the team auction took place, RIL bought this team for $111.9 Million which is till now the highest amount paid for any IPL team.
- The team started with the captain and the most popular name in the world Mr. Sachin Tendulkar. Currently the team is under the supervision of another ace player from Indian National Cricket Team, Rohit Sharma.
- Where Rohit has taken the charge of the team as captain, Mahela Jaivardhane leads the team as a responsible coach. Another bowler from Sri Lanka, Lasith Malinga is also from the team. He is said to be the most wicket taker throughout the IPL.
- Other players such as Robin Uthappa, harbhajan Singh, Shaun Pollock and Dilhara Fernando had shown their brilliant performance in every match. Since the year 2009 there had been big changes that taken places.
- After 2009, Zaheer Khan, Shikhar Dhawan and Dinesh Karthik including Pragyan Ojha entered the team. There were some replacement happened. Where Zaheer replaced Robin, SHikhar came in the place of Ashish Nehra in the Mumbai team.
- Glenn Maxwell and Phillip Hughes were also bought by the team. Mumbai Indians is one of the teams in IPL that buy expensive and popular players than other teams. Unfortunately even after having so many good players they could not perform in initial days.
Performance in IPL
- Talking about the performance as mentioned that the team’s performance was not at all up to the mark during initial years of the league. The league started in the year 2008 and since then Mumbai Indians had performed poorly.
- The team had lost almost all the matches in first couple of seasons. Since 2010 the team has bounced back with a bang. In the year 2011 Mumbai Indians won the final trophy by defeating RCB (Bangalore) team.
- Again in the year 2015 MI team won the final trophy of IPL by beating Chennai Super Kings by 40+ runs. Mumbai Indians is the third team in the list of teams under IPL that won the final trophy more than once.
- Throughout the 8 seasons MI played 141 matches in total where they won 80 matches and lost 60 matches. The rest 1 match was left with no result.
Jersey, Logo and Team Details
The jersey colour was decided as Blue with little silver stripes. For next two years the colour and the jersey was as it is. After 2010 main Blue colour remains same but yellow golden stripes are being added. Logo shows Sudarshan Chakra or Razor as per the suggested name of the team earlier.