Health and Wellness Centers (HWC) Services – Ayushman Bharat Yojana Modicare 2018
The central Government has proudly announced the implementation of the Ayushman Bharat Scheme for the fiscal year 2018 nation wide. The central government had taken an initiative of making the introduction of the scheme while presenting the 2018-19 fiscal Budget. As per the central government the new scheme is a type of comprehensive health care scheme that shall be benefiting the category of people belonging to BPL (Below Poverty Line) class of the society.
The new scheme was officially launched by Central government on Dr. Ambedkar Jayanti on 14th April 2018. The event was of launch was inaugurated by PM Narendra Modi. The first of its kind health care and wellness center was launched under the scheme at Chhattisgarh, Bijapur District, Jangla.
- The new scheme is a type of health care scheme under which the Central government aims at transforming primary health care centers and Sub centers into Health and Wellness Centers (HWC).
- Using the services the people belonging to the BPL families will be able to take full benefit of the comprehensive health care from selected health centers.
- The central government had also introduced the Ayushman Bharat National Health Protection Mission – ABNHPM.
- The government has stated that health insurance will be provided to the beneficiaries for Rs 5 lakhs insurance coverage under UHS (Universal Health Insurance Scheme) every year.
- To get started under the scheme applicants will have to complete the registration process.
- As per the government the new scheme will be applicable for availing benefit in selected tertiary and secondary hospitalization both in private and public hospitals. The list have included names of over 10 crore beneficiaries from BPL families.
- The government has also mentioned that the scheme is not limited to beneficiaries depending on the age, number of family members, income or other limitations.
Services List – HWC (Health and Wellness Centers)
The new scheme has been officially introduced by Narendra Modi as a part of the Universal Health Coverage (UHC). Under the scheme the government will transform 150000 primary health centers and Sub centers to upgrade to the status of HWC. In the initial stage the first center was set up at Chhattisgarh, Bijapur District, Jangla.
- The center offers with services related to Child birth and pregnancy, Infant health, Neo natal health, Adolescent health and childhood health.
- Apart from this the centers will also offers with services for reproductive health, family planning services, ENT problems, Basic Ophthalmic services, oral health services, along with mental health related problems.
- The authorities have also stated that the centers will provide with services related to Palliative and elderly people health, medical services during emergency, general and communicable disease management.
HWC (Health and Wellness center) features
Some of the most common features of the centers are listed here below:-
- The beneficiaries will be able to make use of Yoga facilities offered as a promotional event under the health Wellness centers. Apart from this beneficiaries will also be provided with medications for free.
- The centers will also offer patients with diagnosis for free of cost along with provisions for teleconsultation. The centers will also be equipped with secured IT system that is safe and robust. The provision for performing cashless transactions will be provided by usage of health cards. The health records of the patients will also be maintained electronically.
The above mentioned facility has been provided by the government for offering cashless health care services. Apart from this the benefit can be availed for post and pre hospitalization time within the country. The government will also offer with benefit to select from amongst different health care packages under the scheme.