Experience Ethnic Cuisine scheme in Kerala 2019-20
The ‘Experience Ethnic Cuisine’ scheme has been launched by the initiative of Kerala’s responsible tourism. The main focus of the scheme will be to bring out the culinary skill of women. In this regard, Kerala’s RT would encourage home markers to prepare the best dishes revealing the real taste of ethnic cuisine to visitors of the state. This will improve women engagement throughout the state. The scheme has been announced by Kerala’s tourism minister Kadakampally Surendran. Let’s go through other details of the scheme mentioned in the following part of the article.
Launch details of the scheme
|Name of scheme |
|Experience Ethnic Cuisine|
|Main objective of the scheme|
|Encourage homemakers and focus on women empowerment|
|Target group of scheme|
|Homemakers of Kerala|
|Scheme launched in |
|Scheme announced by |
|Kerala’s tourism minister Kadakampally Surendran|
|Date of scheme launch |
|Number of beneficiaries||Almost 50,000 homemakers|
What are the highlighting features of the scheme?
- Main aim of scheme – The Experience Ethnic Cuisine scheme has been launched by the Kerala tourism department. Its main objective is to engage women in culinary skills and bring out the best ethnic cuisine in the state. This will be served to the tourists of the state. In a way, this will help in women empowerment as women will get to engage themselves in the hospitality sector.
- Target group of the scheme – The home workers in Kerala are the target audience of the scheme. Women group will be formed for effective implementation of the scheme.
- Formation of women group – For the scheme, a network of 2,000 households will be formed to prepare meals. In addition to this, the groups will be visited by RT Mission co-coordinators in different areas so that they can check the facilities made available to the women group.
What are the eligibility criteria for the scheme?
- Residential proof – As the scheme has been introduced only in Kerala, the home workers of Kerala can join the scheme. Women from no other state can become part of the state.
- Income limit – Women from a two-member family get engaged in this scheme. They can easily prepare delicious Kerala dishes for 30 individual on a daily basis. In addition, women have to mention the annual income of their family.
- Orientation program – A single day orientation program will be conducted by the head authorities of the scheme. This will be done in the district level for home workers selected under the scheme. This will be briefed about how to use capital in the scheme and with the help of basic needs, they can prepare meals. Also, they will be given special training to use the latest technology software so that they can connect with state tourists.
However, apart from this, women have to provide personal details such as mobile number, photograph along with location at the time of registration under the scheme. This information will be posted on the site of Kerala tourism.
Documents required under the scheme
- Identity proof documents – As identity proof, women need to produce relevant documents in support of the claim that they belong only to the state of Kerala. The documents should be produced at the time of online enrolment under the scheme.
- Income certificate – This certificate is necessary to consider whether the women belong to the lower section of the society, and she is in need of a job.
- Contact details – Documents such as a photograph, contact details, location details should be submitted. This should be given at the time of registration to the RT Mission coordinators of different areas.
Details of online application procedure of scheme
- After state approval for the above-said project, the procedure for registering for the scheme has started. The interested home workers should contact the State RT Mission at the Directorate of Tourism before July 25.
- The home stays can also join in the scheme. However, for further details pertaining to the scheme, beneficiaries should visit firstname.lastname@example.org
Therefore, by the effective implementation, this scheme is sure to bring changes in the tourism sector. Also, women will be engaged in the hospitality sector by getting a chance to show their culinary skills. However, the state government is expecting that with the successful implementation of the scheme, near about 30000 to 50000 individual, especially women, will be benefitted from the scheme. Also, the government is able to generate plenty of job opportunities for women, and it is near about 8000 direct and indirect jobs for women.
Other links –