How to Update Voter Card Online (Name, Address)
It is a known fact that voter ID card is one of the most important ID document in the country. It is used for many of process in the country. This document is a ticket for the individual to participate in the election and to vote. Apart from this the voter ID is also used as a date of birth proof, dress proof, name proof, etc.
But many a times it happens that the detail in the voter ID is incorrect and has to be updated. But then even a few years back the process of updating and correcting the information in the voter ID was very difficult and a long process. But now the process has become extremely easy and online as well. One can easily change or update their address, spelling of the name, surname, date of birth, etc. through the correction option available in the official website of Election Commission of India.
|Place where to update Voter ID?||National Voter Service Portal (NVSP)|
|Whether New Voter Card shall be applied via NVSP?||Yes!|
|Year In which NVSP launched||2016|
|Number eligible voters in India on 2014 election?||814.5 million|
The NVSP provides a single window services to the electors of the State. With this website the voters can actually look for their names in the National Electoral Roll and then apply for information update. Along with this you can also view details about your pooling booth, assembly, constituencies, etc. in this website. New application can also be done through this website.
Steps to be followed in order to update or correct the details in the voter ID card Online
- Only the existing and valid voter ID card details can be edited in both online and as well as offline mode.
- Logon to NVSP and visit ‘correction of entries in the electoral roll’ link. This website will have a lot of details but you have to look out for the link that is mentioned here.
- Tab on the link to open it. You will get a list of forms here. To make changes in the voter ID you have to click on the Form 8. This is the form that will let you fill out the information to be updated.
- Keep your voter ID in your hand so that you know what you have to update. Now fill out the online application form that appears on the screen.
- Now you have to fill in quite some details in the form so be careful when you fill it. First of all you need enter your Parliamentary Constituency. After this you need to enter details such as name, date of birth, etc. Be careful of the spelling. Then you need to enter your address as well.
- After this you need to enter your voter ID card number. It will be mentioned on your voter ID card.
- Verify whether you have all required details along with the recently captured photograph of yours, which is essential. Once you have all, starts uploading your documents in the portal.
- Once you have updated your valid documents which are to be considered as proof for your corrections, start making corrections on your Voter ID details. Remember, it doesn’t matter whether its online or offline mode, users are allowed to edit/correct the few fields such as Name, Age, Gender, Names of Parents/Guardians, Address and so.
- Once you have selected, enter the new details. Then enter your mobile number and email id in the space that is provided for it.
- After this click on ‘Save’. Once you have checked the details entered by you, click on the ‘submit’ button. After you have submitted the form you will get a conformation message on your email id and mobile number. And your details will be updated in the next voter’s list.