Apply Pragati Saksham Scholarship 2017 Online
Pragati Saksham Scheme is one scheme that has been launched by the AICTE recently. Basically this scheme is for all the girls of the country – to help and promote them towards higher education. The Pragati Saksham Scheme will be starting for the fiscal year 2017 and will end in 2018. It will be focusing mainly on the girls and their pursuance of higher education. However, it will also be catering to the physically handicapped students.
Those students, who are in the need of assistance, can seek out applications for this scheme. So basically if you are a girl child or if you have been handicapped physically, you will be provided scholarships with institutions or universities that are registered under the AICTE.
AICTE aka All India Council for Technical Education has several technical universities registered under it. All of these universities are aimed to provide quality education to the students, apart from jobs in technical fields.
Established in the year 1945 in Delhi, this statutory body helps in Human resource Development and Higher Education of the country. Every state has its own list of colleges that are approved and affiliated under the AICTE.
Things to know about this scheme
- You will have to apply for this scheme online to take its benefits which include Rs. 30,000 and Rs. 2000 per month as tuition fees.
- You have to read the documents carefully before applying. Once you have applied you can download the hard copy of the application from the website.
- The scheme will benefit 4000 physically challenged and girl children to get higher education. However the amount received will be sufficient to take care of tuition fees and other expenses.
Who is eligible for this scheme?
- You must be a citizen of India and you must apply to pursue a diploma course or full time course under AICTE approved technical institutions in the country.
- The candidate should not be receiving any other concession or scholarship from any other institution or organization. If they do, they will not be eligible under this scheme.
- The annual income of the parents of the candidate should not be equal to or more than Rs. 6 lakh – considering all sources of income.
- It is only valid for those students who are going to be enrolled in the first year of the different universities. Also, you should not have already got any scholarship from AICTE.
How to apply for Pragati Scholarship?
- First of all visit their website which is aicte-pragati-saksham-gov.in and then click on “apply”. If you have not registered before, it will be shown that you have to “register” right beside “login”.
- Then read the instructions that have been described carefully. After doing that, apply on the link and get started. Fill out the details carefully.
- Carry all the important documents (mentioned below) with you – if needed, take a scanned copy and upload them on the fields mentioned.
After final submission, take a print out of the form. Also you will need to carry these documents with you – 10th mark sheet, 12th mark sheet, bank account details and a scanned copy of the bank pass book, an income certificate, admission letter and tuition fee paid receipt.
The scheme has been renewed for 2017-18.