How to Apply Pan Card Online
Pan card is gaining importance and most of the important financial transactions require you to have a Pan card. With its gaining importance the Government of India has tried its best to make the application for the Pan card much simpler and convenient.
|Full form of PAN||Permanent Account Number|
|Pan card issued by||Indian Income Tax Department|
|Supervised by||Central Bard for Direct Taxes|
|PAN is Used for||Filing income tax returns, making major financial transactions, sale and buying of property, purchase of foreign currency, etc.|
|PAN is issued to||Indian citizens and foreigners as well|
Documents required for applying for a Pan card in both online and offline
- Identity proof which may be in the form of Aadhaar card, voters ID card, passport, arms license, driving license, pensioner card, etc. which is properly certified.
- An address proof which may consist of one of the following- passport, domicile certificate issued by the government, property registration, driving license, Aadhaar card, post office passbook, electricity bill, water bill, telephone bill, etc.
- For proofing your age you need to submit your birth certificate or any other document that proves your age. This may include driving license, marriage certificate, passport, Ration Card etc.
- Then you will also need two recently taken passport sized photographs.
Online application for PAN card
- For applying for the Pan card online you need to visit the website of the NSDL. Select the option ‘Apply for a new Pan card’.
- You will get the form here, fill out the form. There are also guidelines available for filling the form. There is also a helpline number available that will help you in case you have any problem in filling the form. The number is 18001801961.
- From beforehand you have to scan all the required documents mentioned about and keep it saved in your computer. So while filling the form you have to attach the documents as well.
- There is an application fee that you need to pay for applying for the Pan card. If your pan card has to be delivered to an address in India then the fee is Rs.105 and if you want the card to be delivered to an address outside India then the fee to be paid is Rs.971.
- When you are done with this, ‘submit’ and then verify your details and click on ‘confirm’ and then you have to agree to the terms and conditions, and click on ‘agree’.
- An acknowledgement form will appear online once you have completed the payment. You will get and print option on the screen, so print the form, and fix two passport size photograph on the space given on the form. And then sign on the space given for signature.
- Put the acknowledgement form and the required documents in an envelope, and one the envelope write ‘application for Pan’. Write your acknowledgment number on it.
- Post this envelope to NSDL office. Within 15 days of the online application this acknowledgement form should reach the office of NSDL. Once the verification is done by the department, your Pan card will be posted to your address.
Offline application method
- In the NSDL website you will also be able to download the application form for a new Pan card. Take print out of the form and fill in the information that is asked on the form.
- Make sure that you do not make any errors or re-write on the form. Along with the form also bring together all the required documents and the passport sized photographs.
- Also with this you have to pay an application fee of Rs.106 in the form of demand draft or cash.
- Now with all this go to the nearest UTITSL pan service center and submit all form along with the money and documents.