Apply Andhra Pradesh Free Smartphone Scheme Online
Andhra Pradesh is the next to join Punjab and UP in distributing gadgets for the students. With the same aim of improving the literacy rate and the overall marks attained by students, this scheme has opened.
What is Free Smartphone scheme?
Free Smartphone scheme is being launched in Andhra Pradesh as a means to help the students. This scheme is just the same as Samajwadi party’s Laptop scheme in UP or the captain Smart Connect Scheme in Punjab.
The government of India has already announced that it wants to convert India into Digital India. Meaning that, all the transactions and the verifications and important aspects of determination are to be digitized. This is one of the ways to do so.
The free smartphones will be given to all the qualified youths and those that are passing out of their 12th boards. The students have to produce certain documents for formality and register on the web portal to get this benefit.
Why this new scheme?
This new scheme is to help all those students who are unable to continue their studies due poverty. Due to poverty, they can hardly afford books, let alone books. But in this day and age, smartphones not only help you stay connected, they also help you gain knowledge and information.
If the student is bright enough to get scholarship and move out for further studies, he or she may need this phone to keep their connection intact. Keeping all these things in mind, this new scheme was launched.
Main objectives of the scheme
As you might have already guessed, the main objectives of the scheme are –
- To help the students who are from Below Poverty Level (BPL) families to further their education. There are many intelligent students in these families who could do with any aid they get. This is one step to help these families.
- For the families that cannot afford computers, the smartphones will help them stay connected to the internet. Through internet Google services can be used and they can further their knowledge through that.
- It will help take a step forward in payments. Many of the educational institutes today have associations with digital wallets like Paytm. Students can pay them through Paytm apps. To install these apps they would need a smartphone. The students would now have these apps because of this scheme.
- This will help the students to connect digitally and to stay connected with the globe. It is a step forward in digital India initiative.
So how can I apply for this scheme?
- Visit the direct link provided and enter your details like age, name, address, etc. after that provide your mobile phone number and Aadhar card number for verification.
- You should receive an OTP (One Time Password) within 5 minutes. Enter it on the website and verify your mobile number. After that provide the details of the institution or college.
- You have to upload your BPL card – make sure you have a scanned copy with you. Also, scan the college ID which also needs to be uploaded.
A tabular overview
|1||Name of scheme||Andhra Pradesh Free Smartphone|
|2||Beneficiaries||60 lakh poor students of BPL|
|3||Mode of application||Online|
|4||Chief Minister||Shri N. Chandrababu Naidu|