Ambedkar Overseas Vidya Nidhi Scheme Telangana 2019-20 (AOVN Scheme) [Eligibility, Application Form Online Download, Documents, Scholarship Amount]
The Ambedkar Overseas Vidya Nidhi Scheme Telangana was launched to help the marginal classes of the society by providing overseas educational assistance. The scheme was launched in Telangana and monitored by the government. The scheme will assist the students who want to pursue Masters in overseas. The state government will provide 20 lakhs rupees in two installments. The details of the scheme are given below in tabular form.
|Name of the scheme||Ambedkar Overseas Vidya Nidhi Scheme Telangana (AOVN Scheme)|
|Launched by||Government of Telangana.|
|Target people||Backward classes of the society like SC/ST/OBC etc.|
Key features of the Ambedkar Overseas Vidya Nidhi Scheme Telangana
- Financial assistance – The scholar will receive 10 lakh rupees in the first installment that will help them to bear the expense of the educational institution overseas. In the second installment the student will receive 10 lakh rupees that will also help them to bear the expense.
- Criteria – The criteria for first installment are to have an I-94 card and the criteria for getting the second installment is to score good in the first semester.
- Loan for education – Under the scheme the candidate will be eligible to take loan from any financial institution of the country run by government. The financial assistance will help them bear their expenses other than education.
- Increasing the income – while on scholarship, the students also can take up teaching or researching as a job to increase their allowance that will help them to survive.
- Ticket price- The students who are the scholarship holder will get the fare of the shortest root in economy class. Along with that they also get the money for valid visa for overseas study.
- The valid certificate- In order to provide the benefits to the student the authority will keep record of all the certificates that validate the educational institution’s existence.
- Annual family income- In order to become the scholar of the scheme, the candidates’ family income should not exceed 1,50,000 rupees in a year in the rural areas, and in case of urban areas it should not go up than 2,00,000 rupees in a year.
- Eligible age- the candidates should not be older than 30 years old while applying for the scholarship.
- Required score- In order to become the scholar of the scheme the candidates need to have 60% marks in Medicine & Nursing Agriculture Sciences or Social Sciences or Humanities or Management or Engineering or Pure Sciences.
- Number of scholarship – The candidate can get the scholarship only once in his/her entire academic year.
- Score of entrance exam – to avail the benefit of scholarship the candidate needs to have score of entrance exams like GRE or GMAT and TOEFL or IELTS.
- Passport- According to the rule of the scheme, the applicant should be the holder of a valid passport.
- Proof of the educational institution- the candidates need to take admission in a reputed and accredited university and they need to submit the documents accordingly.
- Caste certificate- As the scheme is for the marginal class of the society so the candidates need to bring caste certificate.
- Income certificate- As there is a criteria in family income limit so the candidate needs to produce income certificate.
- Age proof- The candidate can produce date of birth certificate to prove the age in front of the committee.
- Identification proof- The candidates need to produce ID proof like valid voter card, valid passport, E- pass ID number.
- Residential proof- the scheme is only for the people in India; therefore the interested candidates need to produce residential proof.
- Copy of mark sheet- The candidates need to submit the copy of their latest graduation mark sheet that shows that they have achieved 60% aggregate in graduation.
- Score of entrance exam- The candidates need to submit the score of entrance exam like GRE, GMAT, TOEFL or IELTS.
- Admission letter- The candidates need to submit a copy of the admission letter that the university will send.
- Bank details- the scheme wants the process clean and this is the reason the candidates need to submit bank details so that money could be transferred directly to the bank account. Along with the bank details the candidates need to submit a photograph as well.
How to apply for the scheme?
- Visiting the website- The interested candidates need to visit the Ambedkar Overseas Vidya Nidhi Scheme Telangana official website that is operated by the Telangana government.
- Clicking the option- Once you find the site you will find the ‘Overseas Scholarship Services’ and you need to click on that.
- Selecting the right one- You will get a list of subjects, you need to find the appropriate scholarship and then need to go to the registration menu.
- Filling up and submitting- The form needs to be filled up with all the relevant documents and after filling up you need to click on the submit button.
Lastly it can be said that the scheme will help the students to earn the best quality of education. The scheme is believed to help the backward classes by providing them an opportunity to pursue post graduation overseas. Under the scheme the scholars will get monetary assistance and that will be provided by the Backward Classes Welfare Department. Moreover the scheme will pay special attention to the women candidates. In order to get the scholarship the candidates should not change the course.
Other links –