The Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana (PMKVY)
As of now the Prime Minister Narendra Modi has launched several campaigns to address the grey areas that hinder the growth of the nation. The Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana (PMKVY) was launched with the same prerogative. It is mainly aimed to give the youth education in technical fields so that the employment rate increases and the overall production of the country also increase.
What will happen if I get PMKVY?
To answer this question you will have to learn what PMKVY is about actually. It is:
- It is a skill training scheme which will provide training to individuals under NSDC. It is a flagship scheme that is mainly targeted towards the youth.
- This scheme’s highlight is that it would impart monetary rewards to the students on successful completion of the training. The assessment will be carried out by third party.
Am I eligible for this?
Anyone who wants to apply for this should be a citizen of India. This is the primary requirement and apart from this, they should be:
- Able to attest that they are signing up for this scheme for the first and the only time in their life. This means that they will not be able to sign up for it again.
- Anyone who is enrolled for the skill development schemes under various state and central government schemes and wants to increase his or her skill levels.
- Anyone who has been certified for a period of over 1 year form the time he or she has enrolled. They should be enrolled within that frame of time.
How to apply for PMKVY
- First of all the applicant will have to submit an online application at the PMKVY official site. The site where they can do so is – http://www.pmkvyofficial.org/
- This link will take you to the training center. After that the applicant can provide the details of their nature of training or their location. Based on that they will be given the choice of a location for their training.
- Finally if you have any doubt, you can call the helpline number which is – +91 88 000 555 55. This helpline number will solve all your queries and give you details.
The next step is to get you registered in a training center.
How to get registered to a training center with Kaushal Vikas?
After selecting the training center you will be asked to fill certain details about yourself, you must fill all of these details.
There will be a training partner on site who will acquire all of these information that you put in. this information will then be arranged for you for your training. After the training has been successfully completed, even the training certificate will be given to you by the training partner.
Once you have received the certificate you will be eligible to receive a monetary award as per the norms of the PMKVY. The money will basically be awarded by an institution called NSDC.
Overview of Kaushal Vikas Yojana
Here are a few very important things to know about this program further –
|Serial No.||Questions asked||Things to know|
|1||What would be the benchmark for the training programs?||National Skill qualification Framework (NSQF)|
|2||How many people will be affected by this scheme?||24 lakh|
|3||Average money given to each trainee||RS. 8000|
|4||Brand Ambassador of PMKVY||Sachin Tendulkar|
|5||Amount facilitated for this scheme||Rs. 15000 crore|