Opera free vpn desktop Chromecast
One of the best internet browsers for mobile phones is Opera Browser. More often the web browser keeps releasing the updates so that the users can use the Opera browser more frequently and with comfort. In recent past Opera released the updated version for iOS and Android platforms where one can use free VPN service. The service was not available in desktop version till now. On September 19th, 2016 the browser released the free VPN services for the desktop browser as well.
What is VPN?
According to a survey, more than 80% users don’t know about VPN web browsing in India. If we talk about USA or Germany, nearly 90% people know what VPN is. For those who don’t know what VPN is, here is a little brief of the service.
VPN stands for Virtual Private Network. This is the best method to secure the online data and internet browsing. By enabling VPN services the user can safely browse the internet data in private as well as public networks like open wifi hot-spot and such. Major corporations and companies use VPN services to protect or secure their confidential or sensitive data.
VPN in Opera Browser
Opera has already released free VPN services in mobile browsing for Android and iOS platforms. Just a couple of days ago the system released it in desktop browser as well. Developers in Opera have started this system 6 months back on trial basis. After successful run of the system the company has released the service in September 2016.
With this service now one can browse anything and everything safely from their desktop browser. According to Opera the user can easily change the location of surfing the data as well. Opera will read the location automatically from the device’s location but as per the user’s choice the location during browsing can be changed to worldwide or particular one region or location.
A lot of people have stated that using VPN service is safe and secure but using this service is bit confusing and difficulties arrive at the first place. That is why even knowing what VPN is, many a people don’t use it.
Many a countries like US and Germany have stated that the internet security is a major problem over there. Lot of people, who are using desktop or laptops, are unable to secure their browsing data when they use open or public wifi network. Opera solved all their problems by updating the system that supports desktop as well.
VPN Enable in Opera Browser
For the windows’ users:
- Step 1: Open the Opera Browser and go to settings.
- Step 2: Select the option ‘Privacy and Security’ under the settings in Opera Browser.
- Step 3: Find ‘VPN Enable’ under privacy setting to enable the VPN service.
- Step 4: Read the VPN policies carefully and then click on the button ‘Enable VPN’ at the bottom. Once you will click on the button your browser will be enabled free VPN service.
- Step 5: Browse anything and whatever you want to safely.
For Mac users:
- Step 1: Open the Opera Browser and go to ‘preferences’.
- Step 2: Select the option ‘privacy and security’ under the preferences.
- Step 3: Look for VPN setting under privacy and security
- Step 4: Read the VPN policies carefully and click on the Enable VPN button to enable the free VPN services.
- Step 5: Enjoy safe and secured browsing anytime.
Other Features by Opera Browser
- Location change: Once you have enabled the VPN you can also change the location for browsing data from the settings (preferences for Mac) from there.
- Battery saver: Opera has battery saver mode through which you can save battery power while surfing the internet. Though the amount of saving power is quite less however it is helpful for the laptop users.
- RSS-Feed: Opera 40 supports RSS as well. Those who don’t want to skip any news or media can add or delete any RSS feed to the browser directly. This will be immensely helpful for the media people, bloggers and journalists.
- Chromecast: Opera supports Chromecast as well. Chromecast is to cast the user’s pictures and videos from the computer. User has to install chrome extension and download Google cast to use chromecast in Opera.
|What||Opera 40 Web Browser|
|Service||Free VPN service|
|Benefits||Safe web browsing|
|Other features||Location, RSS-feeds, Battery saver and Chromecast|
|Launched||19th September 2016|
|Available on||Windows and Mac|