Free Jio Phone Registration and Booking Process, Official Website and Helpline Numbers
The much awaited Jio Phone which is a feature phone from the house of Reliance has finally been announced. This phone is completely manufactured in India and will provide almost all features available in a smart phone.
The Jio feature phone was launched on 21st July, 2017 by none other than the Reliance Jio owner Mr. Mukesh Ambani in Mumbai. This feature phone is at present under its last stages of manufacturing and will soon be rolled out in the Indian market. Reliance has confirmed that the pre bookings will open from 24th August, 2017 throughout the country. As this is a phone made totally in India and only for Indian customers, it will not be available outside the country. Jio has scheduled the phone’s beta testing on 15th Aug, 2017. It is expected that those who will make prior bookings of the Jio phones will be able to buy them from September, 2017.
JioPhone Features Specification
- Usage- This phone will have almost every feature than a present day smart phone has except the touch screen and a front camera. All voice calls and SMS services will be absolutely free for lifetime.
- Internet connectivity – This phone has the 4G VoLTE connectivity similar to the present day smart phones.
- Physical specifications – This is a bar phone will have alphanumeric keypad for easy access. The screen fitted is one 230X320 pixel resolution, QVGA screen of size 2.40 inch. It is powered by a 2,000 mAh battery.
- Memory – This feature phone will be running on 512 MB RAM and 4 GB internal memory. Apart from this, users may also attach external micro SD card. It is powered by a Qualcom 205 processor.
- Other phone features – The phone is having one rear camera, earphone, FM radio, torchlight, WiFi, Bluetooth and other basic features. Apart from that, it supports 22 different Indian languages, has a SOS switch for emergency, voice command feature and NFC payment system support.
Jio Phone Registration process
- Jio has started one online portal named ‘Keep me Posted’ where one may register themselves to get the latest news on the booking of Jio Phones.
- Interested buyers will have to visit the Jio online portal – and provide their credentials.
- Enter your first name, last name, address, mobile number for receiving registration updates, e-mail and PIC code. Tick the check box of Terms and conditions and proceed with ‘Submit’.
- A registration acknowledgement will be sent to the registered mobile number and e-mail address.
- Separate slot timings for booking the Jio phone will be sent to those who register for ‘Keep me Posted’ so that they can avoid the mad rush.
- After this step, when the pre-booking starts from 24th Aug, 2017, the existing Jio customers may book Jio Phone through the My Jio app only. Those who are not Jio subscribers will have to visit the Jio Offline stores for booking the Jio Phone.
JioPhone Plan And Security Deposit
The phone is marketed as zero priced phone by the Reliance. This feature phone will come at a price tag of Rs. 1,500. However, Jio has announced a surprising offer of full refund in case a user returns the phone after 36 months of usage. Thus this Rs. 1,500 will just work as 3 years of security deposit. The minimum recharge pack is Rs. 153 per month for unlimited data, voice calls and SMS. One may also plug this to a TV set using Jio cable to watch live TV channels online. Also two small sachet packs of Rs. 24 for two days and Rs. 54 for one week have been launched.