Filmfare 2017 Award Nominations and winners List
Apart from elections there is no such Indian who does not wait for the biggest Bollywood film award The Filmfare Award. Though one can find many awards today in film fraternity that occur every now and then throughout the first half of the each year. Many a people call the first few months of the year as the ‘seasons of awards’ as various award functions take place.
Filmfare Awards – The legendary Award Function
Filmfare being the oldest one is still considered as the most trusted and authentic award in Hindi Film Industry. Every year during the month of February and March the award night takes place where almost the entire film fraternity comes and joins the biggest platform.
This year, in 2017, Filmfare will complete 62nd year. The award ceremony will take place soon in Mumbai. A Bunch of jury members are involved in the judge’s panel who decide what are the films that are deserved to be in the nominations. There are regional awards as well that are given to the winners of the year.
Filmfare Awards 2017 – The Final Nominations
Every year more than 200 films get released among which a few could get recognised by the viewers. Films can be of many types that attract diverse audiences. Films that have popular actors are not always said to be good films. Box office hit does not have anything to do with goodness of any movie and Filmfare proves it right.
The expert judges select 6 movies from the entire bunch of good movies that made a good entry not only in box office but also had left mark on audience’s hearts. This year there are some movies that made big buzz got a chance to get nominated in Filmfare awards.
The Nominations: Best Film:
- Dangal: Aamir Khan starrer movie Dangal released later in the year 2016. The sport oriented film by perfectionist Aamir Khan has broken all the records in first week only. The new girls have done splendid job in the movie.
- Kapoor and Sons: A spicy Bollywood movie with little bit of unconventional family story that depicted in Sidharth Malhotra and Fawad Khan starrer movie Kapoor and Sons. The movie has Alia Bhatt and versatile actor like Rishi Kapoor.
- Sultan: Salman Khan starrer movie Sultan was based on wrestling and entered 100 cr. Club in just 3 days after release. The ‘Bhai’ fans call it the best performance of Salman till date whereas the lead actress Anushka has also got much appreciation from the movie.
- Pink: Amitabh Bacchan starrer Pink was one of a kind movie of the year 2016. The increasing incidents of rape and women harassment and how to deal with it was the essence of the movie that left everyone awestruck.
- Udta Punjab: The film was based on increasing problem of drug addiction across the state of Punjab. Shahid being the mail lead had given his best performance in the movie. Alia Bhaat, Kareena Kapoor was also casted in the movie.
- Neerja: Based on airhostess Neerja the movie had done an outstanding job in the box office. Sonam kapoor who played the title character was immensely appreciated by the critics as well as audience.
Filmfare Award 2016 – The Award Ceremony
As said that despite having so many film awards Filmfare Award is still considered as the best of all, celebrities from non-popular to most popular everyone attends the glamorous and starry night once in the year. This year sometimes in the end of February the award will take place and will be aired in a leading entertainment channel. Last year in 2016, Filmfare Award 2015 was aired in Sony Entertainment channel.
The Stars and the performance
No award ceremony, be it a small screen or big screen award show is completed without stars’ performances. Filmfare is of course no difference from others. This year stars like Shahrukh Khan, Salman Khan, Shahid Kapoor, Alia Bhatt, Varun Dhawan, Anushka Sharma and so on are expected to perform on the stage.
Filmfare and Common Audience
It was the last year Filmfare Awards 2015 when for the first time the authority has allowed common public to attend the function. It was ticket based system. People from all over the country even from other countries came and attended the show. The ticket cost was as high as Rs. 2, 00, 000/- per person. This year also Filmfare is planning something special for the audience, though nothing is confirmed as yet.
It is a standing black lady that every celeb of the Hindi Film Industry wants to hold. In the 50th year of Filmfare Award the trophy was made of gold. It was called a golden lady of the Hindi Film Industry Awards.