Airtel V-fiber, Limits, Usage, Cost
Reliance has been making plans to set up the fiber networks across India – in fact work is under way to pursue the same. However, Airtel has shown that they are ahead of everyone in the race by launching the high speed broadband service called V-Fiber in India.
In the present scenario Reliance FTTH service is still in pilot mode, Google Fiber still doesn’t have any news. Only ACT’s Fiber network is active in India but its network is unstable in many areas. At such a time Airtel’s announcement of broadband service launch comes as a heavy relief for many people.
The highlight of Airtel’s launch is that it has promised 100mbps speed on internet for only Rs. 999 per month.
In which cities can I get Airtel V-fiber?
The launch is going to penetrate far and wide into the country but for now it is only available in Chennai, Tamil Nadu. The next city that is going to get this feature is Bangalore and Delhi/NCR.
In the next few months, Airtel will extend this to 80 more cities in the country. They will cover all networks. Since Airtel is known to have fairly good services across the country, there will be no problem is availing the fast speed internet.
At present it is being argued that to get more customers and to make it affordable for even the small towns and villages, Airtel is going to slash the rates. To know more about this, keep an eye on this space.
Limits and usage
Here are the things that you must know about the limits and usage of this service –
- The broadband service will be available at Rs. 999 and the usage limit will be 50GB FUP. This is the starting pack and the upper limit for the packages is Rs. 4999 for 1TB of usage.
- If you have used up your 50GB FUP then you will have to pay an additional Rs. 50 per 100mpbs usage of the broadband service.
- If you are not using Airtel services but you want to upgrade to V-Fiber, you can book one now. The new customers will get the V-Fibers installed as soon as it is launched in their state. They will also get a 3 month free trial.
- If you are not happy with the usage after one month, then the modem charges will be refunded to you. Or the amount will be adjusted in the next billing cycle.
- This is the cheapest plan for V-Fiber till now and not just that they will also give free STD or Local calls with this package at no extra costs.
- If you happen to be a user of Airtel already, you will be upgraded to Airtel V-fiber at no extra cost. All you have to do is provide your name; email ID, contact number, the DSL-ID or landline number and Airtel will set up the modem at your place at no extra cost.
- If you are already an Airtel user, then the new plan will not cost you anything. You only have to pay a onetime fee for the modem.
According to the DOP of Bharti Airtel, at present India is experiencing a massive growth in broadband usage. A lot of people are consuming broadband services in their homes over a fixed range.
Therefore with V-Fiber they aim to digitally connect homes in the near future so that there is no shortage of broadband whenever it is needed. It might be needed in major amounts in the future because India is moving towards a digitized, uniform platform.
About the technology
This new service is a part of Fiber and Vectorization technology. This new technology has been there for a long time. It is already quite popular in Europe and has been functioning there for quite some time.
Hence, it has been in use for a long time to be known as stable and operative.
Highlights of the plan
We have told you about the usage but you need to understand what you are getting if you avail this service. These are the things that you can expect from it –
- You will get 100 mbps of speed on all your internet activities. You can download heavy filed within a matter of seconds through this.
- You can make video calls without any buffering or interruption. You can also expect the video calls to be very high quality (although it depends on the camera quality).
- You will get first 3 months free usage of all the services. Also, you will be able to make free calls anywhere across the country and you can make calls over Wi-Fi across the country.
Apart from this, the user also gets 5 GB extra usage of data per month.