How to update Aadhar Card details | Address, Phone Number, Name
This article will give you all the details up Update your aadhar card details like Address, Phone Number, Name or any other information. Many people who are just beginning to get their Aadhar cards are realizing that there are some mistakes in there. Either the address or the name is spelt incorrectly and you may begin to fret because it is such an important government document. So what to do?
Thankfully the government has devised methods so that you can correct this yourself online. All you need is a computer, an internet connection and really just 5minutes of your time. Aadhar card can be corrected very easily.
Correction Alternative – by post
You can also choose to correct it by post. If you don’t have an internet connection, don’t fret. Simply visit your nearest enrollment centre or you can change your name, address mobile phone number, gender and date of birth by post itself. If anything other than these is incorrect, then only you will have to visit the enrollment center to get it corrected.
To get your Aadhar card corrected by postal method, you have to attest the documents and the proofs that you send along. Any type of government issues proofs like PAN card, Passport, Driving license, will work. Also, the enrollment center will probably give you an application form which you have to fill out and then send all the documents along with it attested.
You can also download this application form online and submit it to the enrollment offices that are in charge of this in your area. The link to download the form –
Aadhar correction online
As we already told you, if you want to correct your Aadhar card details, you can do it online.
The thing about online correction is that it is much less complicated. But before doing it make sure that you have your 12 digit Aadhar card number and your mobile number with you. An OTP will come to that number so you have to keep your phone by your side.
Now to update aadhar card details correctly, follow the steps mentioned below:
- Now you will have to visit this link – https://resident.uidai.net.in/update-data and after visiting this link click on the “update data” button on the side of the screen.
- Now a pop up will come down, from there choose the “Update Aadhar data” option. Then wait for a few seconds for the page to open. Give your Aadhar number on the page.
- After you enter your 12 digit Aadhar card number, you will have to enter the captcha in the text verification box. Now click on “send OTP”. An OTP will come to your phone now.
- Enter the OTP verification code that you received. The page will open where you can correct the information. Correct the fields where errors are made on your Aadhar card.
- Recheck everything and once you are satisfied, click “submit”. Remember that you have to check or uncheck the field which you just changed and want to be corrected.
- Now a new page will open up based on the fields you have checked. Hewre you have to enter the data that you need corrected. Click on “Update Data Request” on this page.
- Now a new page will open which will ask you to “verify” the data you just entered. Click “Modify” button on this page. It will take you to a new page now.
- On the new page, attest the document proofs. The data on those proofs would match the data that you have entered to verify your details. It should also be self attested. For this you will need a scanner to upload it in PDF, gif or jpeg or img format.
- Now all you have to do is select the Aadhar card agency from whom you want the data processed. Select the one with the best ratings.
- Oncethis is done you will get a URN Number for status tracking.
Some additional info:
|1||Link to track||https://ssup.uidai.gov.in/web/guest/check-status|
|2||Submission number||URN number|
|3||Digits in URN number||12|